Are you a Procurement Professional? Seeking for the ideas to enhance your Procurement Efficiency? Here are some ideas, we would recommend that will boost your efficiency.
આપણા ગામડાઓમાં એક ચલણ છે ‘વાટકી વ્યવહાર’. મને ભાવતું ના હોય એવું શાક બન્યું હોય, તો માં વાડકી લઈને પાડોશીના ત્યાં અમારા ઘરે બનાવેલું શાક લઈને જાય, અને પાડોશીના ત્યાં મારું ભાવતું કઈ બનેલું હોય, એવું લઈને આવે. જેમ જેમ શહેર મોટા થતા ગયા, એમ એમ આ વ્યવહાર ઓછો થતો ગયો.
હજી અમુક જગ્યાએ આ પ્રથા પ્રચલિત છે. અમારી બાજુમાં રહેતા મંગુ માસી બહુ જ સરસ મજાનું બનાવે, અને અમારી ત્યાં આપવા અચૂક આવે. વ્યહાર પૂરો કરવા, મારી માં પણ એમના ત્યાં વાડકી કોઈ દિવસ ખાલી તો ના જ મોકલે. અને આ પ્રથા હજી પણ અમારી વચ્ચે જળવાઈ રહી છે. એકલા મંગુ માસી નહિ, કિન્તુ બધા જ પાડોશી વચ્ચે સારો મનમેળ છે એટલે એક પરિવાર જેવું જ લાગે અમને.
ગુજરાતીમાં એક રૂઢિપ્રયોગ છે, “પેહલો સગો પાડોશી”. એટલે પાડોશીની જોડે સારા સંબંધો હોવા સ્વાભાવિક છે. પણ, ઘણી જગ્યાઓએ મેં જોયું છે કે લોકો એક બીજાના પાડોશીને સરખી રીતે ઓળખતા પણ નથી. મેટ્રો શહેરોમાં તો પરિસ્થિતિ આના કરતા પણ વધારે વણસી છે. લોકોને એ પણ નથી ખબર હોતી કે એમના બાજુમાં રેહનારનું નામ શું છે? આવી પરિસ્થિતિમાં જેવું સૌહમ્ય ભર્યું વાતાવરણ મને મળ્યું છે, ખરેખર હું બહુ જ નસીબદાર કહેવાઉં.
હાલ માતા-પિતા સિમલાના પ્રવાસે ગયા છે. એમને મારા અને મારા ભાઈની ખાવા પીવાની ચિંતા હોવી તો સ્વાભાવિક છે. કિન્તુ, જે પ્રેમ અને સૌહાર્દ અમને મળી રહ્યું છે. પ થી પરિવાર અને પ થી પાડોશી વચ્ચે સહેજ પણ ફેર નથી જણાતું. સવાર પડ્યે જ પૂછી લે, “મોનુ બેટા ખાવાનું ક્યાં છે તારું? અમારી ત્યાં જ જમી લેજે. શાક ના ભાવતું હોય તો ભાખરી કરી આપું, અથાણું પણ છે.” ખરેખર જ્યારે આજે સમાજમાં પોતાના જ પરિવારજનો આપણી પ્રગતિથી બળતા હોય, એવા સમયમાં આવા પાડોશી મળવા એ સોંભાગ્યની વાત કહેવાય.
હજી માતા પિતાને આવતા 10 દિવસ લાગશે. ત્યાં સુધી આવું જ ચાલતું રહેશે. અને એમના આવ્યા પછી, ફરી વાટકી વ્યવહાર ચાલુ. ખરેખર, આપણું ભારત અને એમાં પણ ગુજરાત જેવો ભાઈચારો ક્યાંય ના મળે.
વંદન છે ભારત માતા ને. અને આ ગુર્જરભૂમિ ને.
ભારત માતા કી જય.
While we all were attempting to sleep, a news flashed out “USA drops ‘Mother of All Bombs’ in Afghanistan”. This attack may be on Afghanistan, however the target is North Korea.
USA dropped 11 tons of explosives, the monstrous GBU-43 Bomb in Eastern Afghanistan, close to the Pakistan Border. It is thought to be an assault on ISIS Terrorists covering up in the caves, however to the extent the current strains are concerned; This assault is for making a durable impact on the World. The present occurrences are flagging that after Donald Trump has been elected as the President of United States of America, there is dependably a risk against countries of Islamic Nation. Fear based oppression has thrived, all things considered, in these nations. What’s more, today’s occurrence is another reason to stress over for such nations.
Yesterday the headlines were USA’s Air Craft Carrier is marching towards the Korean Peninsula. USA is already having its 28500 soldiers in South Korea. Now, Among the few allies of North Korea, One is the Chinese Dragon. China’s recent military training with Pakistan and Russia is enough to demonstrate that these 3 countries are having quite warm relations. For China and Russia, USA is a typical adversary and their biggest hurdle in becoming the Superpower.
Russia has always been a close companion to India since independence. But in present century, India is more close to the United States. Moreover, China is butt-hurt after Dalai Lama’s visit to Arunachal Pradesh. And our beloved neighbour Pakistan is hunting down an approach to attack India.
Now, the attack on Afghanistan is a signal to the countries likes of North Korea, China and Russia that USA won’t hesitate while using its weapons. On the other hand, the above three countries are also now well equipped with devastating weapons. Now even a minor attack on North Korea will enforce all these countries to attack America.
India being the close ally to US have to take either USA’s side or to take part in establishing peace. And in this course, a little carelessness can result into attack on India too. Because during Modi regime the value of India has increased and we too are in the race of becoming a Superpower. China and Pakistan are waiting for a reason to attack us. They might also try attacking India indirectly with the help of terrorists. And the return attack by India, might result into the start of War from our side.
The European Union is already at its worst due to the Economic Crisis. This war will result into them jumping off in the War in return of Money. And as India is supposed to become the part of this War, other countries might also get into it. And the World will move towards the World War 3. The War which will decide the ruler of World for the rest of the century.
There are lots of IFs and BUTs in the story, but well that’s how rest of the World Wars started. People let’s hope for the best, Let’s hope for peace!
On 16th of December India celebrates the anniversary of a landmark event in its modern history. It will celebrate the day on which during the 1971 India Pakistan war, the Pakistani forces in the east agreed to a complete and unconditional surrender. It is the day on which the 1971 war ended.
Well, it ended for most of the nation. But there are 54 families for whom the war and the waiting never ended. The agonizing wait goes on to this day. These are the families of the 54 Indian prisoners of war PoW who were never released by Pakistan after the war. Their names are as follows:-
1. Major SPS Waraich IC-12712 15 Punjab
2. Major Kanwaljit Singh Sandhu IC-14590 15 Punjab
3. 2/Lt Sudhir Mohan Sabharwal SS-23957 87 Lt Regiment
4. Capt Ravinder Kaura SS-20095 39 Med Regiment
5. Capt Giri Raj Singh IC-23283 5 Assam
6. Capt Om Prakash Dalal SS-22536 Grenadiers
7. Maj AK Ghosh IC-18790 15 Rajput
8. Maj AK Suri SS-19807 5 Assam
9. Capt Kalyan Singh Rathod IC-28148 5 Assam
10. Major Jaskiran Singh Malik IC-14457 8 Raj. Rifles
11. Major SC Guleri IC-20230 9 Jat
12. Lt Vijay Kumar Azad IC-58589 1/9 G R
13. Capt Kamal Bakshi IC-19294 5 Sikh
14. 2/ Lt Paras Ram Sharma SS-22490 5/8 G R
15. Capt Vashisht Nath
16. L/Hv. Krishna Lal Sharma 13719585 1 JAK RIF
17. Subedar Assa Singh JC-41339 5 Sikh
18. Subedar Kalidas JC-59 8 JAKLI
19. L/Nk Jagdish Raj 9208735 Mahar Regiment
20. L/Nk Hazoora Singh 682211303
21. Gunner Sujan Singh 1146819 14 Fd Regiment
22. Sepoy Daler Singh 2461830 15 Punjab
23. Gnr Pal Singh 1239603 181 Lt Regiment
24. Sepoy Jagir Singh 2459087 16 Punjab
25. Gnr Madan Mohan 1157419 94 Mountain Regiment
26. Gnr Gyan Chand Gnr Shyam Singh
27. L/Nk Balbir Singh S B S Chauhan
28. Capt DS Jamwal 81 Field Regiment
29. Capt Washisht Nath Attock
Indian Air Force
30. Sq Ldr Mohinder Kumar Jain 5327-F(P) 27 Sqn
31. Flt Lt Sudhir Kumar Goswami 8956-F(P) 5 Sqn
32. Flying Officer Sudhir Tyagi 10871-F(P) 27 Sqn
33. Flt Lt Vijay Vasant Tambay 7662 –F(P) 32 Sqn
34. Flt Lt Nagaswami Shanker 9773-F(P) 32 Sqn
35. Flt Lt Ram Metharam Advani 7812-F(P) JBCU
36. Flt Lt Manohar Purohit 10249(N) 5 Sqn
37. Flt Lt Tanmaya Singh Dandoss 8160-F(P) 26 Sqn
38. Wg Cdr Hersern Singh Gill 4657-F(P) 47 Sqn
39. Flt Lt Babul Guha 5105-F(P)
40. Flt Lt Suresh Chander Sandal 8659-F(P) 35 Sqn
41. Sqn. Ldr. Jal Manikshaw Mistry 5006-F(P)
42. Flt Lt Harvinder Singh 9441-F(P) 222 Sqn
43. Sqn Ldr Jatinder Das Kumar 4896-F(P) 3 Sqn
44. Flt Lt LM Sassoon 7419-F(P) JBCU
45. Flt Lt Kushalpal Singh Nanda 7819-F(N) 35 Sqn
46. Flg Offr. Krishan L Malkani 10576-F(P) 27 Sqn
47. Flt Lt Ashok Balwant Dhavale 9030-F(P) 1 Sqn
48. Flt Lt Shrikant C Mahajan 10239-F(P) 5 Sqn
49. Flt Lt Gurdev Singh Rai 9015-F(P) 27 Sqn
50. Flt Lt Ramesh G Kadam 8404-F(P) TACDE
51. Flg Offr. KP Murlidharan 10575-F(P) 20 Sqn
52. Sqn Ldr Devaprasad Chatterjee
53. Plt Offr Tejinder Singh Sethi
54. Lt. Cdr Ashok Roy
Every single name that you read here is a soldier who fought for India. They were captured in action and spent the rest of their lives rotting in Pakistani jails. Can you imagine the type of mental agony that they must have undergone there? They must have lived in hope that one day they will be released and slowly the hope faded away. It has been 45 years. How many of them will be alive and in what condition? What kind of miserable existence they must have endured over there? What kind of physical and mental torture they must have endured there?
Imagine a loved one from your family in that position. What do you feel? Multiply that feeling a thousand times over. That is what these 54 families have felt every day for the last 45 years.
There is ample evidence for the existence of these 54 prisoners in the Pakistani jails. Consider some of the evidence:-
- Then on December 26, 1974, R.S. Suri received a hand-written note dated December 7, 1974 from his son. The letter contained a slip in which his son had written, “I am okay here.” The covering note read, “Sahib, valaikumsalam, I cannot meet you in person. Your son is alive and he is in Pakistan. I could only bring his slip, which I am sending you. Now going back to Pak.” Signed M. Abdul Hamid. In August, 1975, he received another missive postmark dated ‘June 14/15/16, 1975, Karachi.’ The letter said, “Dear Daddy, Ashok touches thy feet to get your benediction. I am quite ok here. Please try to contact the Indian Army or Government of India about us. We are 20 officers here. Don’t worry about me. Pay my regards to everybody at home, specially to mummy, grandfather – Indian government can contact Pakistan government for our freedom.” The then Defence Secretary had the handwriting confirmed as Ashok’s and changed the official statement from “killed in action” to “missing in action”!
- Maj AK Ghosh’s photograph was published in Time Magazine dated 27-12-1971 The photograph is proof that Maj AK Ghosh was in Pakistani custody when the war ended on 17 December 1971. He did not return with the POWs in 1972 at the time of the Simla agreement. He may have died in the interim period in a Pakistani jail. Surely there must be some record of that. The Indian and Pakistan governments can work together to find out what happened to such men. Why were some names not included in the POW list is again a moot point.
- Mohanlal Bhaskar repatriated on 09.12.1974 writes “Main Bharat ka jasoos tha” or “ I spied for India” Mohanlal Bhaskar, who was in a jail between 1968 and 1974 and repatriated on 09.12.1974 wrote a book in Hindi ( I was a spy for India) and gave a signed affidavit stating that he met a Col Asif Shafi of Second Punjab regt of Pakistan and a Maj Ayaaz Ahmed Sipra in Fort of Attock imprisoned for conspiring against Bhutto in the infamous “Attock conspiracy” The Pakistani Major Ayaaz Ahmed Sipra spoke of his befriending a Gill of the Indian Air Force and a Captain Singh of the Indian Army as well as mentioning that there were around 40 Pows of the 1965 and 1971 wars in that jail who had no chances of release
- In the Attock Conspiracy, several officers of Pakistan’s army and air force were arrested on March 30, 1973, on charges of conspiring to overthrow the government of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto. The detainees included Major Farooq Adam, Major Nadir Pervez (who later became a federal minister in the Nawaz Sharif government), Brigadier Wajid Ali Shah, Colonel Hamdani, and Major Ayaz Sipra, and a total of 59 officers were declared conspirators. The case is well-known as the Attock conspiracy. Fifteen army and four air-force officers were found guilty of conspiracy and were handed jail terms ranging from three months to life. In this conspiracy, 15 officers were sentenced to terms in prison – among them Maj Ayaaz Ahmed Sipra and Col Asif Shafi. Others such as Farooq Adam (a Gallian, i.e. from Lawrence school, Ghoraghali) were also sentenced in the Attock conspiracy. Ayaaz Ahmed and Shafi later apparently moved to the US where Shafi was again traced by Manish Jain (son-in-law of Sqn Ldr Jain, another Indian officer missing and believed to be in Pakistani jails since the 1971 war) and Shafi confirmed to Jain unofficially that he had met Wg Cdr Gill in Attock in 2000 in a telephonic conversation.
- A Pakistani General, General Riaz, Governor NWFP who subsequently died in an accident informed Mr Ashwini Kumar, then IG of the Border Security Force as a personal favour to him at the Munich Olympics in 1972 that Major Waraich was being held in Dargai jail, NWFP.
- In her biography of Benazir Bhutto, British historian Victoria Schoffield reported that a Pakistani lawyer had been told that Kot Lakhpat prison in Lahore was housing Indian prisoners of war from the 1971 war. They could be heard screaming from behind a wall, according to an eyewitness within the prison.
- Pakistani media outlets have also alluded to the men’s existence. The shooting down of Wing Commander Heresen Gill’s Mig 21 on 3 December 1971 was followed that day by a radio broadcast in which military spokesperson claimed that an ‘ace Indian pilot’ had been captured.
- An American general Chuck Yeager also claimed in his autobiography that during the 1971 war, he personally interviewed Indian pilots captured by Pakistan. The airmen were of particular interest to Americans because at the height of the cold war the men had attended training in Russia and were flying Russian designed and manufactured aircraft.
- The families also claimed that on the two occasions when they were allowed to visit the Pakistani jails, the jail guards privately attested to the men being alive – before being ushered away by the prison authorities.
The question is – Why were these men not released by Pakistan? Was it because Pakistan wanted to extract some sort of revenge for the loss in the 1971 war? Was it because these men had come to know of some secrets that Pakistan did not want the world to know? Did Pakistan want to use them as a bargaining chip of some sort for the future?
Maybe it is all of the above reasons. But the biggest reason is that India forgot them. These men are the forgotten 54 of India. The ruling elite and the bureaucracy of the nation did not find it fit or suitable to keep these men and their release on their agenda. It was because this was not an issue strong enough to dictate the political, professional or financial fate of any politician or bureaucrat. Nobody in the decision-making echelons had time for them.
Who is responsible?
What sort a nation are we that forgets it’s soldiers after the war is over? Was it not the collective responsibility of the nation to pressurize the governments to take this issue more seriously? After all, these PoW are somebody’s sons, brothers, husbands and fathers. Every nation and society is morally obliged to ensure that those fighting for it’s independence are looked after well in their hour of need. There can be no need more urgent than being released from the inhuman captivity of an enemy like Pakistan.
After the war the ruling class and he elite got busy trying to ‘improve relations’, they very conveniently swept this issue under the carpet. Over the years the self-appointed elite that has dictated the agenda of the nation has all but deleted this issue from the collective consciousness of the nation. We are too busy trying to prove that ‘art has no borders’ ‘sports has no borders’ and such nonsense that will never find any reciprocity from across the border. To uphold such thrash, issues like the prisoners of war had to be forgotten and they were forgotten.
The military top brass too should have followed up more aggressively on this issue with the government. They were and are in a position to exert pressure on the government for this. Agreed, there were other pressing issues but this issue too is equally pressing and urgent.
All in all, the entire nation is responsible for this and this is an unforgivable fault. Nothing can be done for these 54 now except making Pakistan acknowledge that such a thing has happened. But we can and must ensure that such a thing never happens again.
Please do this
Share this as much as you can till the entire nation knows about it. Share it till the 54 are no longer forgotten.
Our country, India is celebrating its 68th Republic Day today. 68 Years it has been since this World’s Largest Democracy came into existence. Constitution which was given to us as a gift, now has become a weapon for us. And we use it quite efficiently. But, as the corroded Sword doesn’t kills well. In the same way, a Constitution framed in 1950s has become too weak to resist the present conditions prevailing in the society.
I’m not trying to defame the Constitution, but I feel that it’s truth. We’re talking about Research and Innovation in the field of Industries, Science, Agriculture, Education etc. But the Constitution which is running our whole nation is lacking the needed innovation. We need to amend a lot many things in our Constitution and that too under an expert supervisory.
Cyber Laws, perhaps one of the most important things to be framed. When our Constitution came into Power, Cyber Security wasn’t an issue. Now, in this technological era, crimes are committed more Online rather than Offline. So, there is an urgent need to frame the Cyber Laws. Moreover, other aspects too are needed to be considered!
More than that, we also need to make people realize the importance of their participation in the Democratic Events. People run away when they hear the name of Politics or Constitution. But in reality, the Constitution is the thing which gives them freedom. And the Politics is the thing which is giving them facilities. And we can’t ignore this fact.
Constitution isn’t just a book of laws. It’s a tool for the People, to live their life freely. Knowing their limitations and knowing their Rights.
Constitution is a tool which will make your life easy if properly used.
And that’s the reason why it was a part of your school curriculum in Primary Section. But, you forgot those life lessons, which are your birth right!
Perhaps, I don’t want all of you to become a lawyer. But a proper understanding about the common laws and rights would probably be good for you. And for the country too! A country progresses because of the alert citizens. And an alert citizen makes other familiar with their right and duties. Only with this kind of alertness and active participation into National Events. We can become a developed Nation.
We are seeing a Nation protesting against its own elected leader. When the things were in their hands, they didn’t realize it’s importance. And now when they can’t do anything about it, they’re protesting. I firmly believe that,
“If you don’t participate, you don’t have any kind of right to protest.”
So, this Republic Day, let’s take an Oath, that being a Responsible Citizen of the country, we will truly follow the rights given to us by our Constitution, We will follow our duties, and We will make our Mother India more prosperous!
Jay Hind. Greetings of Republic Day to all of you!
As soon as the reign of Uttar Pradesh came into the hands of Akhilesh Yadav, Mulayam Singh Yadav started dreaming of becoming Prime Minister with the help of support from the Third Front. But his dream was crushed under the effect of Modi Wave. Now, he was free after a long time in his life. And as it has been said that the Demon reside in empty spaces, his Emptiness started killing his common sense. In addition to that, the spices spreaded by the Power Greedy Shivpal Singh Yadav, made him to doubt his own son Akhilesh.
And then started the blame game:
For an instance,
We lost in 2014 because of Akhilesh. The Laptops that he distributed, Modi sent his pics in those laptops. And this way Akhilesh helped Modi to win.
See the extent till which Mulayam Singh Yadav was brainwashed by his own brother and belonging like Amar Singh. Shivpal Singh Yadav, who has his own political ambitions and Amar Singh who is perhaps back for taking revenge, of the humiliation he faced from the Samajwadi Party.
As Mulayam is not much aware about the Technology, he became a soft target to brainwash for Shivpal and Amar. On the other hand, Akhilesh knew about both of them since childhood and how his father can suffer because of them. And he also tried keeping his father away from them.
Akhilesh is a Master in Environment Engineering from Sydney. He is more familiar with the Global Climate rather than any other Samajwadi Party leader. And as soon as he got the Power of mainstream of Samajwadi Party in his hands in 2012 after becoming Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. He started bringing reforms. He made his father understand that now people are educated and they can no longer win except they do something for the people.
But Mulayam is still firm that he can carry on with the same old conventional model. As he is not in the touch with Ground level since a long time. A leader without Ground Work is just as same as Rahul Gandhi. And Mulayam is becoming another Rahul Gandhi, thanks to the duo of Shivpal Singh Yadav and Amar Singh.
Many of you might not have noticed, but the way Akhilesh has expanded Samajwadi Party is just out of anybody’s mind. Now Samajwadi Party isn’t limited to just the borders of Uttar Pradesh. They’ve members in various other states of India. And this is all because of efforts made by Akhilesh Yadav.
Akhilesh Yadav is a good leader, the development works done by him in his reign of 5 years were phenomenal. And the way he has approached in various parts of country, Samajwadi Party might emerge as a new opposition before BJP. As Congress is dying badly day by day. Now, Akhilesh has whole party in his hands, and if he gets proper support from his father, he might get back in power. But the path till then is quite difficult.
Success Demands Sacrifice, and now it’s time for sacrifice. This is a true test for him as a leader. And getting Samajwadi Party as an opposition might be fruitful for our country too. Because, Akhilesh is a CM, who at least blames on logics.
Future is dark for everyone and Akhilesh’s future will be decided on 11th March. Till then, there will be many ups and downs. Because its Uttar Pradesh!
Early Morning in WhatsApp Group named ‘Indian Cabinet Ministers’
Narendra Modi: Suprabhat Mitron!
Rajnath Singh: Suprabhat, Jay Shri Ram. Modiji as usual on time.
Sushma Swaraj: GM
Narendra Modi: And someone is trying to save time with short replies.
Sushma Swaraj: Sir, I’ve to tweet to people.
Arun Jaitley: Good Morning friends. Why so much heat early morning in winter
Manohar Parikar: Our Indian Armed Forces are capable of turning any heated moment into war. Modiji I’m just waiting for your order.
Venkaiah Naidu: Why so much anger man? I’m already done with the opposition disrupting the Parliament over Demonetization. These people are fools.
Prakash Javdekar: Venkaiahji. Calm down. They don’t have anything to say.
Venkaiah Naidu: That’s the problem, they don’t have anything to say still they’re speaking. Nonsense.
Narendra Modi: Where is Ravi? Let me know about any law by which we can sue them.
Ravishankar Prasad: I’m going through the early morning messages. After that I’ll go through the laws.
Narendra Modi: Focus on your work fellas. It’s gonna pay you.
Uma Bharati: Ganga Maiya ki Jay.
Narendra Modi: Ganga Maiya, isn’t only in Varanasi. Clean at other places too.
Uma Bharati: Sirji, work is going on. Trust me. Ganga Pavitra hokar rahegi.
Harsh Vardhan: I’m ready to give all the technology for it.
Smriti Irani: The textile mills needs technology these days.
Uma Bharati: These textile mills are the reason behind pollution in Ganga.
Smriti Irani: Don’t dare to speak against my department.
Uma Bharati: I’m speaking truth.
Sushma Swaraj: Smritiji, you must have some deep sense of respect for the senior leader of your party.
Uma Bharati: She is sister of Modiji, that doesn’t mean she has right to disrespect us.
Narendra Modi: Why I’m dragged into the issue?
JP Nadda: Calm down ladies, I’m arranging a Psychiatrist for you.
Smriti Irani: Prakashji, arrange some good teacher for Umaji.
Prakash Javdekar: Why I’m dragged into the issue?
Uma Bharati: Sushmaji, party isn’t giving value to old leaders.
Sushma Swaraj: It is true.
Narendra Modi: Brace yourself ladies. You’re still in the cabinet. Now get back to work everyone. Work is worship. And if you don’t want to work. This group isn’t made for you.
*The Group Chat Has Ended*